April 27, 2023
What is Projection Picking Technology?
Projection Picking utilizes a laser projector which indicates the picking or sorting locations and other information such as: product details, precautions, instructions and even photos or video. This highly flexible technology can be used for an ever-changing footprint of cubbies, bins, totes, shelves, etc. For example, third party logistics (3PL) operations may choose to change the projection template/layout instantly when switching between clients’ fulfillment orders.
Powered by Lightning Pick software – integrated with your manufacturing resource planning (MRP), enterprise resource planning (ERP), warehouse management system (WMS), manufacturing execution system (MES), or other host system – projection picking is the ultimately configurable order fulfillment technology or poka-yoke (error proofing) manufacturing system.
- Complicated manufacturing/assembly tasks – guides worker using easy-to-follow instructions
- Component or item picking – error proofs and increases speed of picking
- 3PL applications – flexible, and can minimize fixed hardware or cubbies
- Ecommerce or high value item picking — system can show warning to prevent mis-picks
Projection Picking Benefits:
- Up to a hundred different defined layouts which can be switched in an instant
- Display photos, illustrations and videos with sound
- Alarm feature to prevent errors (when used in conjunction with LIDAR remote sensing)
- Can project on even the smallest locations where light modules would not fit
- Allows for a wide variety of slot shapes and sizes
- Works with material handling equipment such as conveyors and AMRs
Watch Demonstrations of Projection Picking
Would projection picking technology help your operations?
Its applications and uses are limitless – we would be happy to discuss your application. Email us at Matthews today to discuss how projection technology might work for you.
Or, for additional information on projection solutions, download our Projection Picking datasheet.