A selection of integrated hardware and software solutions from Compass Engineering, Guidance Automation, Holjeron, Lightning Pick, Pyramid and RAF Technology highlighted in Matthews’ MODEX Booth B3763.
WILSONVILLE, OR (March 27, 2018) —Matthews Automation Solutions’ and its brands Compass Engineering, Guidance Automation, Holjeron, Lightning Pick, Pyramid and RAF Technology will showcase Inspired Fulfillment Systems at MHI-sponsored MODEX 2018 in Booth B3763 in Atlanta’s Georgia World Congress Center, April 9–12, 2018.
Featured products and demos include:
- The new Matthews Autonomous Mobile Robot equipped with a light-directed Cluster Picking Attachment. Built with Lightning Pick and Guidance Automation technologies, the robot increases light-directed, zone-based cluster picking productivity without the need for conveyors, sleds or picking carts. The robots automatically travel with operators from zone to zone as picks are completed. This synchronized interaction between pick-to-light systems, robots and operators enables employees to concentrate solely on order picking.
- A fully automated inbound receiving demo that integrates solutions from Compass Engineering, Guidance Automation, Holjeron, and RAF Technology. The system reads and decodes labels, reconciles received items, directs cartons and parcels to their next destination, and flexibly navigates with autonomous mobile robots.
- A fully automated order fulfillment demo highlighting automated sortation and order finishing solutions engineered by Pyramid. The entire system—from order picking to manifesting—is controlled and directed by Pyramid’s Director Warehouse Execution and Warehouse Control software (WES/WCS) and control solutions. Both individual products and packed shipping cartons are routed through the system, which integrates synchronized sortation, document insertion and print-and-apply labeling.
- Pyramid Director software and control solutions that manage automated processes to optimize order fulfillment, while providing managers with visually accessible dashboards that convey business intelligence metrics. Included are Warehouse Execution and Warehouse Control software (WES/WCS) and the Pyramid Controller pre-engineered, plugin programmable logic controller (PLC)-based applications.
- Two new put wall innovations that further increase speed, accuracy and throughput when sorting batches of picked items into Lightning Pick’s LP Put Walls: LED lighting and/or a photo-eye sensor for touchless task confirmation. Both help order fulfillment operators sort more products faster.
- The scalable, flexible ZoneLinkTC™ controller from Holjeron for motor-driven roller (MDR) conveyors, including Microroller® Distribution LLC’s SmartRoller® and Microroller® brands, as well as Interroll’s 6- and 8-pole conveyor motors. Capable of operating in a standalone mode, the controller enables zero-pressure accumulation (ZPA), train/release or configurable zone parameters with minimal human intervention.
For more information, contact Joe Pelej, Marketing Manager, Fulfillment Systems at Matthews Automation Solutions at [email protected], 262.250.2143, or visit matthewsautomation.com.
# # #
ABOUT MATTHEWS AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS
Matthews Automation Solutions—a division of Matthews International Corporation—provides integrated hardware and software solutions that streamline processes, boost throughput and solve global supply challenges for manufacturers and distributors worldwide. For automation challenges in manufacturing, packaging, fulfillment or distribution, Matthews’ combined expertise delivers the integrated solution that meets an organization’s needs today, and grows with them tomorrow. The Matthews Fulfillment Systems family of brands includes Compass Engineering, Guidance Automation, Holjeron, Lightning Pick, Pyramid and RAF Technology.